The benefits of flaxseed oil for your dog
Flax seed oil is a fantastic natural remedy. Easy to use and full of good stuff, it is the perfect additive for your pet’s diet. Flaxseed is the seed from the plant Linum usitatissimum. Oil from the seed is used to make medicine.
The advantages of flaxseed oil for your dog
1. Flaxseed oil can be used to improve skin and coat conditions as it reduces itching and dry skin.
2. It's full of essential fatty acids, which make the coat smooth and shiny.
3. It regulates blood pressure, kidney function and artery function.
4. It can improve cellular health.
5. It has anti-inflammatory properties, which can reduce pain and increase mobility in arthritic dogs.
6. It has antibacterial and anti-viral properties, which will also help boost the immune system.
7. Some studies suggest using flaxseed oil daily will decrease your pet's risk of developing cancer.
8. Flaxseed oil is also great for relieving constipation.
How to add flaxseed oil to your dog's diet
Flaxseed oil is easy to use.
Small dogs (under 30 lbs) can have 1/2 teaspoon of oil or ground flaxseeds daily, 1 teaspoons for medium dogs, 2 tsp for large dogs and 1 tablespoons for very large dogs. Divide the dosage in two, morning and night, to avoid diarrhea.
Flaxseed oil has a lovely nutty flavor, which increases palatability of your pet’s food. So if your pet is fussy, this can encourage them to eat.
You will start to see improvements in skin, coat, kidney conditions and other problems in as little as four weeks. If no problem exists, you are reducing the likelihood of many illnesses and increasing your dog’s general health, for a long, happy life.
Ground flaxseed is the best and safest form of this oil and also provides fiber to help maintain a healthy gut, since all pressed oils have a short shelf life. Whole flaxseed will pass through the system undigested, and therefore is not recommended.
Flaxseed oil promotes healthy digestion so your pet’s stools may be loose at first. Like any new food, introduce flaxseed oil slowly to your pet’s diet to avoid upsetting the tummy.
So go ahead and try it out, you and your pup will soon be convinced of its benefits!
Are you interested in knowing what foods to add and which to avoid ? Download the list of ingredients that are good (or not) for your dog!
Don't hesitate to contact me:
Email : email@example.com
Website : https://www.enlightenedanimal.com